Why The Smith Realtors at Keller Williams Realty
Leading-edge tech tools and training give us the edge in effectively marketing your property online, 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Through the exclusive Keller Williams Listing System (KWLS), your property is fed to more than 350 online search engines and is available on KW’s Web network of more than 76,000 sites. Best of all, because of Keller Williams Realty’s “My Listings, My Leads” philosophy, every single Internet inquiry on your property will come directly to us so that we can follow up quickly with those potential buyers.
Keller Williams Realty was designed to reward agents for working together. Based on the belief that we are all more successful if we strive toward a common goal rather than our individual interests, we’re confident that every Keller Williams professional shares the common goal of serving you, our client, in the best way possible.
Keller Williams Realty helps us stay ahead of trends in the real estate industry through its comprehensive, industry-leading training curriculum and research resources. It’s what prepares us to provide you with unparalleled service.
Founded on the principles of trust and honesty, Keller Williams Realty emphasizes the importance of having the integrity to do the right thing, always putting your needs first. It reinforces our belief that our success is ultimately determined by the legacy we leave with each client I serve.
We’re proud to work for the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count. It’s proof that when you offer a superior level of service, the word spreads fast.
Your Needs Come First!
Your needs always come first. We will provide the service we agree to and communicate in the ways that work for you, whether once a week, once a day, by phone, email or text message. That’s how we’ll do it. You’ll always be kept in the loop. From listing to closing, you’ll know the status of our marketing efforts, the offers on the table and the steps leading to a successful closing once an offer is accepted.
Experience and Expertise
The complexities of your real estate transaction will be well-handled. Smoothing the way for your listing and sale, we will capably remove many potential challenges before they have the opportunity to appear.
Your home will get the exposure it deserves. Our marketing systems maximize your property’s exposure to buyers. Neighborhood tracking tools and automated buyer calling systems allow us to reach active buyers who want to know about your listing.
Your home will be priced right, adjusted as needed and sold quickly. With a keen understanding of both the big picture and the very latest local and neighborhood listing and sales data, the information you need is at my fingertips.
Homes sell because of correct pricing and great presentation. We know what it takes to make the terrific first impression that will get your home sold.
We’ll guarantee your satisfaction. Our relationship is dependent on meeting and exceeding your needs. We identify those needs together, and my cancellation guarantee protects your right to end our relationship if you’re disappointed.
Our 14-Step Marketing Plan
Designed to capture the maximum exposure for your home in the shortest period of time, we’ll implement our proven 14-step marketing plan.
- Price your home strategically so you’re competitive with the current market and price trends.
- Stage your home to cast a positive light on the features most important to buyers: uncluttered rooms and closets, fresh paint, and terrific curb appeal.
- Place “for sale” signage, complete with property fliers easily accessible to drive-by prospects.
- Use an interactive voice response (IVR) system to provide free recorded information about your home 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Each caller’s inquiry will be followed up with a personal phone call.
- Distribute “just listed” notices to neighbors, encouraging them to tell family and friends about your home.
- Optimize your home’s Internet presence by posting information in the Keller Williams Listing System (KWLS), as well as in local and global MLS systems, including plenty of photographs and a description of your property.
- Produce a 360 degree virtual tour of your home, placing it on multiple Websites to attract both local and out-of-town buyers.
- Create a home book, comment cards and fliers to place inside your property.
- Target our marketing to active real estate agents who specialize in selling homes in your neighborhood.
- Include your home in our company and MLS tours, allowing other agents to see your home for themselves.
- Advertise your home in our real estate magazine and neighborhood newsletter, as well as in direct mail campaigns, email campaigns and social media.
- Create an open house schedule to promote your property to prospective buyers and market those open houses.
- Target active buyers and investors in our database who are looking for homes in your price range and area.
- Provide you with weekly updates detailing our marketing efforts, including comments from the prospective buyers and agents who have visited your home.
Extended Marketing Reach
When you list with us, we’ll have access to the Keller Williams Listing System, or KWLS. This proprietary, exclusive system ensures your property is marketed online 24/7 through more than 350 of the most popular search Websites. Below are just a few:
Taking Open Houses Beyond the Basics
Holding an open house is serious business.
Below is a chart that shows you exactly how we can maximize open houses to sell your property.
Price Right – Attract Buyers
Pricing your property competitively will generate the most activity from agents and buyers.
Pricing your property too high may make it necessary to drop the price below market value to compete with new, well-priced listings.
It is very important to price your property at competitive market value when we finalize the listing agreement.
Buyers and Sellers Determine Value
The value of your property is determined by what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept in today’s market. Buyers make their pricing decision based on comparing your property to other properties SOLD in your area. Historically, your first offer is usually your best.
Price Ahead of the Market – Buyer’s Market
If sellers find themselves in a market with falling home values, they can end up chasing the market down, because home values are always falling faster than their price reductions.
Price Right – Time on Market Works Against You
If you want to compete, be competitive.
- The buying market has a short attention span.
- Pricing your home right the first time is key.
- Proper pricing attracts buyers.
- An overpriced house will not sell.
- We want to generate offers before the market moves on to newer listings.
Price Competitively – The First 30 Days Are Critical
The right price is important.
- A property generates the most interest when it first hits the market.
- The number of showings is greatest during this time if it is priced at a realistic market value.
- Starting too high and dropping the price later misses the excitement and fails to generate strong activity.
- Many homes that start high end up selling below market value.
Pricing Your Property
This is about strategy.
We have based your recommended price on:
- A detailed, custom market analysis
- The unique characteristics of your home and its setting
- Our expertise in the real estate market
Our primary goal is to net you the most money possible.
We believe this pricing plan, matched with our 14-step marketing plan, will draw agents and buyers to your home and position it as a highly appealing, highly competitive property.
Preparing Your Home for Sale
Did you know well-placed furniture can open up rooms and make them seem larger than they are? Or that opening drapes and blinds and turning on all lights make a room seem bright and cheery?
It’s a fact: acquiring the highest market value and elevating your home above others in the same price range often comes down to first impressions.
Here are some inexpensive ways to maximize your home’s appeal:
- Keep the grass freshly cut.
- Remove all yard clutter.
- Apply fresh paint to wooden fences.
- Paint the front door.Weed and apply fresh mulch to garden beds.
- Clean windows inside and out.
- Wash or paint home’s exterior.
- Tighten and clean all door handles.Ensure gutters and downspouts are firmly attached.
- Remove excessive wall hangings, furniture and knicknacks (consider a temporary self-storage unit).
- Clean or paint walls and ceilings.
- Shampoo carpets.
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Clean all light fixtures.
- Turn on all the lights.
- Open drapes in the daytime.
- Keep pets secured outdoors.
- Play quiet background music.
- Light the fireplace (if seasonally appropriate).
- Infuse home with a comforting scent like apple spice or vanilla.
- Vacate the property while it is being shown.
The closing process finalizes the sale of your home and makes everything official. Also known as settlement, the closing is when you get paid and the buyer receives the deed to your home.
Here are a few things to bring to the closing:
- House keys
- Garage door opener(s)
- A picture ID
What can you expect?
The closing agent will look over the purchase contract and identify what payments are owed and by whom; prepare documents for the closing; conduct the closing; make sure taxes, title searches, real estate commissions and other closing costs are paid; ensure that the buyer’s title is recorded; and ensure that you receive any monies due to you.
What are your costs?
Sellers commonly pay the following at closing:
- Mortgage balance and prepayment penalties, if applicable
- Other claims against your property, such as unpaid property taxes
- Unpaid special assessments on your property
- Document stamps (or taxes) on the deedReal estate commission
- Legal fee or title insurance premium
After the closing, make sure you keep the following for tax purposes:
- Copies of all closing documents
- All home improvement receipts on the home you sold
Before you move, you should consider contacting the following companies and service providers:
- New Telephone Number
- New Address
- Cellular Phone
- Department Store
- Finance Company/Credit Card
- Business Associates
- House of Worship
- Dry Cleaner