We Are Here To Make This Easy!
Looking for the perfect home for our buyers is Our Full Time job, it should not be yours! Juggling a full time job of your own with possibly a family with kids to take care of as well, a home search can be often a very time consuming and challenging task. This is why we are here to make this easy for you! We are your eyes and ears in the towns of your interest and bring a wealth of knowledge and information to you 24-7. When you work with us we will:
- Preview homes in advance on your behalf
- Personally tour homes and neighborhoods with you
- Keep you informed of new homes on the market with our convenient MLS Listing Email Updates
- Alert you on Price Reductions and Exclusive listings, even before they show up on Zillow or any other website
- Help you preview homes on the Web
- Advise you of other homes that have sold and for how much with our CMA (Comparative Market Analysis)
- Work with you until we find the home of your dreams
It’s All About You
We love our job and we love helping people like you find their dream home. That’s why we work with each client individually, taking the time to understand their unique lifestyles, needs and wishes. This is about more than a certain number of bedrooms or a particular ZIP code. It’s about your life, and it’s important to us. Our real estate business has been built around one guiding principle: It’s all about you.
- Your needs
- Your dreams
- Your concerns
- Your questions
- Your finances
- Your time
- Your life
Our focus is on your complete satisfaction. In fact, we work to get the job done so well, you will want to tell your friends and associates about it. Maybe that’s why more than 90 percent of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals. Good service speaks for itself. We’re looking forward to the opportunity to earn your referrals too!
Let’s Look For a New Home
In some cases, our clients find their dream home on the first day. In other cases, it takes more time to find the right home. Rest assured, there is a home out there just right for you and we will find it! After learning about your wants and needs in your next home, we will start assisting you in your home search journey, and carefully select homes for you with your wants and needs in mind. We will show you homes at a for you convenient day and time and provide you with:
- Photos of the home
- The home address
- The current asking price
- The square footage and property taxes
- The number of bedrooms and baths
- The age and lot size
- Unique features and comments
Once we narrow down the list of properties that are of interest, we will:
- Provide you with more detailed information about the home
- Review the county tax records for tax liens, etc.
- Schedule a personal visit to the home
- Tour the home with you
- Provide you with the Sellers Disclosure for your review
- Determine how the asking price compares with other homes in the area
- Answer any and all questions you may have
To get started with your home search we will need some of the following basic information:
- Who is the primary contact and what is the best time and way to reach that individual?
- What is prompting your move?
- When do you need to be in your new home?
- Are you pre-approved for a mortgage?
- What is your price range?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How many bathrooms?
- And what are some of the most important thing that your new home needs to have?
What Does Your Dream Home Look Like?
It is important for us to get to know you to be most successful in finding the right home for you. Before we speak on the phone or meet with you, please take your time to think about some of the more detailed information about your lifestyle that will help us take our understanding of your needs and wants in your next new home to the next level. Often times buyers will not know all the answers to the following questions and that is absolutely fine. Usually the best way to find out what works and does not work for you is by simply going out and seeing homes with us, so we may all learn about You. Here are things for you to think about and to consider letting us know:
- Who will be living in the home you purchase?
- Will anyone else be spending more than an occasional overnight stay (e.g., parents)?
- Describe your lifestyle. What do you enjoy doing at home? Do you do a lot of entertaining?
- Does your home need to accommodate any special needs?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have anything special that needs to be accommodated such as athletic
- equipment, fine art, large furniture or a large collection?
- When people come to your home, what do you want your home to say about you?
- Is there anything we should know about your lifestyle that I have not asked?
- Tell us about your ideal location.
- What is your maximum commute time and distance?
- What is your work address?
- Are schools important?
- Is there a particular view you are seeking (e.g., skyline, lake, mountains)?
- What else is important about your location?
- Do you have a preference for when the house was built?
- Do you want a house in move-in condition or are you willing to do some work on it?
- When people come to your home, what do you want your home to say about you?
- Do you want to have a swimming pool or hot tub?
- Are you looking for any structures such as a greenhouse or shed?
- What type of home are you looking for (e.g., single-family, condo, town house, etc.)?
- Approximately what size house are you looking for (square footage)
- How many stories?
- What size lot would you like?
- What architectural styles do you prefer?
- What type of exterior siding will you consider?
- Do you want a porch or deck?
- What are you looking for in terms of a garage (e.g., attached, carport, etc.)?
- What other exterior features are important to you?
House – Interior:
- What kind of style do you want the interior of your home to have (e.g., formal, casual, cozy, traditional, contemporary)?
- What kind of floor plan do you prefer (e.g., open vs. walls between all living spaces)?
- In general, what are your likes and dislikes for the interior of your home?
- How many bedrooms do you need?
- How will each of those rooms be used?
- What are your preferences for the master bedroom?
- How many bathrooms do you need?
- What are your needs for each of the bathrooms?
- What features must your kitchen have (e.g., breakfast area, types of appliances, etc.)?
- What finishes do you want (e.g., countertops, flooring, appliances, etc.)?
- What are your likes and dislikes for the kitchen?
- Would you like the dining room to be part of the kitchen configuration?
- What about the living room?
- What size dining room table do you have?
Living Room/Family Room:
- Describe your likes and dislikes.
- Do you want a fireplace?
- What size room(s) do you have in mind?
- What other rooms do you need or want?
- What else should we know about the inside of the house you are looking for?
- What are the top five things your home needs to have?
- Beyond those five things, what is something else you really want to have?
- If you could have something else, what would that be?
- If you could have one last thing to make this your dream home, what would that be?
Please consider the following and record any notes or preferences:
- Areas you would enjoy
- Specific streets you like
- School district(s) you prefer
- Your work location(s)
- Your favorite shops/conveniences
- Recreational facilities you enjoy
- Any additional items to consider when selecting your target neighborhoods
The Home-Buying Process
The following illustration gives you an easy overview of the steps we will guide you through towards the successful purchase of your next new home:
The Mortgage and Loan Process
We have been working with many professionals over the past years and have been able to identify only the very best to refer our clients to. We choose to work with people that we can trust, that get the job done right, and that are pleasant to work with. When it is time for you to get pre-approved and get your mortgage in place, let us know and we will introduce you to only the best!
Funding Your Home Purchase
1. Financial pre-qualification or pre-approval
- Application and interview
- Buyer provides pertinent documentation including verification of employment
- Credit report is requested
- Appraisal scheduled for current home owned, if any
- Loan package is submitted to underwriter for approval
3. Loan approval
- Loan documents are completed and sent to title
4. Title company
- Title exam, insurance and title survey conducted
- Borrowers come in for final signatures
- Lender reviews the loan package
- Funds are transferred by wire
- We recommend our buyers get pre-qualified before beginning their home search
- Knowing exactly how much you can comfortably spend on a home reduces the potential frustration of looking at homes beyond your means.
Making an Offer
Once you have found the property you want, we will write a purchase agreement.
While much of the agreement is standard, there are a few areas that we can negotiate:
What you offer on a property depends on a number of factors including its condition, length of time on the market, buyer activity, and the urgency of the seller. While some buyers want to make a low offer just to see if the seller accepts, this often isn’t a smart choice, because the seller may be insulted and decide not to negotiate at all.
The Move-in Date
If you can be flexible on the possession date, the seller will be more apt to choose your offer over others.
Often, the seller plans on leaving major appliances in the home; however, which items stay or go is often a matter of negotiation.
Typically, you will not be present at the offer presentation – we will present it to the listing agent and/or seller.
The seller will then do one of the following:
- Accept the offer
- Reject the offer
- Counter the offer with changes
By far the most common is the counteroffer. In these cases, our experience and negotiating skills become powerful in representing your best interests.
When a counteroffer is presented, we will work together to review each specific area of it, making sure that we move forward with your goals in mind and ensuring that we negotiate the best possible price and terms on your behalf.
Prepare for It
Closing day marks the end of your home-buying process and the beginning of your new life!
To make sure your closing goes smoothly, you should bring the following:
- A certified check for closing costs and down payment. Make the check payable to yourself; you will then endorse it to the title company at closing
- An insurance binder and paid receipt
- Photo IDs
- Social Security numbers
- Addresses for the past 10 years
Transfer of title moves ownership of the property from the seller to you.
The two events that make this happen are:
Delivery of the buyer’s funds
This is the check or wire funds provided by your lender in the amount of the loan.
Delivery of the deed
A deed is the document that transfers ownership of real estate. The deed names the seller and buyer, gives a legal description of the property, and contains the notarized signatures of the seller and witnesses.
At the end of closing, the deed will be taken and recorded at the county clerk’s office. It will be sent to you after processing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will you tell me about the newest homes available?
The Multiple Listing Service Website provides up-to-date information for every home on the market. We constantly check the New on Market list so we can be on the lookout for our clients. We will get you this information right away, the way that is most convenient for you: by phone and/or email.
Will you inform me of homes from all real estate companies or only Keller Williams Realty?
We will keep you informed of all homes. We want to help you find your dream home, which means we need to stay on top of every home that’s available on the market.
Can you help me find new construction homes?
Yes, we can work with most builders and get you the information you need to make a decision. On your first visit with the builder, we will accompany you. By using our services with a new construction home purchase, you will receive the services we offer, as well as those provided by the builder, at no additional cost.
How does for sale by owner (FSBO) work?
Homeowners trying to sell their home without agent representation are usually doing so in the hopes of saving the commission. If you see a FSBO and want the advantages of our services, let us contact the owner for you and make an appointment. Most times the homeowner will work with agents even though their home is not listed, since the agents are introducing a potential buyer to their property.
Can we go back through our property again once an offer is made but before possession?
Usually, we can notify the seller and schedule a convenient time to visit the property again.
Immediately before the closing, we will schedule a final walk-through and inspection of your new home.
Once my offer is accepted, what should I do?
Celebrate and focus on moving into your new home! You will want to schedule your move, pack items and notify businesses of your address change. We will provide you with a moving checklist to help you remember all the details. We will also give you a good faith estimate and HUD statement, which will indicate the amount you will need to bring to closing.
Above and Beyond
To us, providing exceptional service involves more than just making your real estate dreams come true. It requires taking the next logical step; helping you through the details after you officially own your home.
Why The Smith Realtors at Keller Williams Realty
Leading-edge tech tools and training give us the edge in effectively finding the perfect home for you!
Keller Williams Realty was designed to reward agents for working together. Based on the belief that we are all more successful if we strive toward a common goal rather than our individual interests, we’re confident that every Keller Williams professional shares the common goal of serving you, our client, in the best way possible.
Keller Williams Realty helps us stay ahead of trends in the real estate industry through its comprehensive, industry-leading training curriculum and research resources. It’s what prepares us to provide you with unparalleled service.
Founded on the principles of trust and honesty, Keller Williams Realty emphasizes the importance of having the integrity to do the right thing, always putting your needs first. It reinforces our belief that our success is ultimately determined by the legacy we leave with each client we serve.
We’re proud to work for the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count. It’s proof that when you offer a superior level of service, the word spreads fast.